Finding the best 140mm RGB fans for your needs can be a chore.
There are so many different styles of RGB fans out there, and it’s hard to know which one will work best for you. You might think that all RGB fans are created equal, but they’re not! Some have better airflow or more lighting modes than others. And some even come with remote controls!
We’ve done the research for you and compiled this list of the top 20 best 140mm RGB fans on the market today. This list includes our favorite models from brands like Corsair, NZXT, Thermaltake, and more! No matter what your budget is or what features you want in an LED fan, we have something for you.
Best of all, this list features fans in every price range! That means that whether you’re on a tight budget or don’t mind spending a little extra money for some high-end features like wireless controls and the best airflow around, there’s something on this list for you.
So what are you waiting for?
- Best 140mm RGB Fans Overall: Noctua NF-A14 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan
- Best 140mm RGB Fans for the best looking: Corsair QL Series, Ql140 RGB, 140mm RGB LED Fan
- Best 140mm RGB Fans for powerful LED-based: Cooler Master SickleFlow 140 V2 ARGB Square Frame Fan
- Best 140mm RGB Fans for the quietest: CORSAIR AF140 LED Low Noise Cooling Fan
- Best 140mm RGB Fans for budget: Be Quiet BL040 Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM Case Fan
- CORSAIR AirGuide technology utilizes anti-vortex vanes to direct airflow and concentrate cooling, improving cooling whether used as intake, exhaust, or mounted to a liquid cooling radiator or heatsink.
- Complete your CORSAIR SP RGB ELITE-cooled system with an additional fan, equipped with eight individually addressable RGB LEDs around the hub.
- Create vivid lighting effects with powerful CORSAIR iCUE software, bringing your system to life with dynamic RGB lighting synchronized across all your iCUE compatible products. Requires a CORSAIR iCUE RGB Lighting Controller, sold separately.
- PERFORMANCE ENGINEERED: These PWM static pressure fans are designed with a chamfered-intake and exhaust that boost overall airflow and pressure
- UNIQUELY SHAPED: Custom engineered light guide creates stunning visual effects, with uniform light dispersion
- WINGLET TIPS: Winglet designed fan blades minimize drag and further enhance fan performance
- 【PWM FANS】The fan's speed can be adjusted by using a different voltage (5-12V), it can work at a lower voltage to achieve a silent effect.
- 【Dynamic ARGB lighting】 With 5V Argb Interface can 16.8 million colors show a more magical lighting effect and addressable RGB allows almost endless customization options.
- 【BigFoot Pad Design】The giant foot pad design with a diameter of 30mm makes the contact surface between the fan and the chassis larger and more close, so as to minimize the resonance.
- If your motherboard has ONE 5V ADD-RGB 3-pin header, you can use it to connect RGB extender cable to control and SYNC these three fans and one more DEEPCOOL addressable RGB device, such as CF 120, CF140, RGB 200PRO. If your motherboard has more than one 5V ADD-RGB 3-pin header, these fans can SYNC with Add RGB devices of other brands
- If your motherboard does not have 5V ADD-RGB 3-pin header, you can use the included cable controller to connect the RGB extender cable to realize SYNC of these three fans and 3 more DEEPCOOL addressable RGB devices, such as CF 120, CF140, RGB 200PRO
- Fan speed can be intelligently controlled by MB in accordance with temperature
- Package included: Individually adressable RGB Case Fan 140mm x 2, Control Hub x1
- Convex designed dual addressable RGB ring offered best lighting effect: convex design kept RGB lighting effect at a optimal point and left tolerance for other RGB components such as, mobo / ram / gpu, water cooling components, and SSD plate.
- 16.8 Million Colors & 18 Independent Controlled LEDs: With dual ring, total 18 separately controlled RGB LEDs smoothed out the overall RGB effect and leaves no gaps between LEDs.
- Duo-Ring Addressable RGB Lighting: 24 Individually Controlled ARGB 3-Pin LEDs for a stunning visual effect.
- Performance Engineered: Hybrid Static Pressure blade design to tackle resistances in CPU liquid radiator, low-noise or mesh chassis ventilation while boosting overall airflow
- Silent Cooling Technology: Noise Reduction Technology and Sound Absorbing Materials for a quieter and longer lifespan cooling solution
- LIGHTING HARMONY: Light up your gaming setup with 18 individually customizable RGB LEDs for harmonized lighting effects.
- WHISPER-QUIET COOLING: The fan blade design delivers an outstanding balance between static pressure and airflow while allowing quiet operation.
- CAM-POWERED CONTROL : Customize lighting combinations through NZXT CAM. You can seamlessly sync it with all of your compatible lighting accessories.
- 【Intelligent Speed Regulation & Efficient Heat Dissipation】PC-M140 full function PWM fan. 140mm fan size, the choice of top pc gamer. The intelligent temperature control module controls the fan speed to 1000~1800±10% RPM, and promotes the system to achieve the highest heat dissipation performance, which can push up to 78 CFM of air.
- 【Color Customization & Duo-side RGB LED Halo】PC-M140 has four lighting areas on each side, and each fan has 24 individually addressable RGB LEDs can be controlled - 10 lighting modes / 6 different colors / Multiple RGB light speeds and provide colorful streamer lighting effects. Mainboard Software Synchronization Control, support motherboard RGB and FRGB (+5V/3Pin) The package comes with a fan, a adapter cable, four screws, and no controller.
- 【SilentPro 9 Fan Blades & Wolf Claw Bionic Design】The unique design of the 9 fan blades and the bionic claw guide groove on the back concentrates the wind on the leading edge of the blade, providing efficient ventilation and achieving higher wind pressure and lower noise.Make the pc case achieve the effect of rapid heat dissipation in the shortest time.
- Synchronized your gaming station - Control fan lighting with select 5V addressable RGB motherboards. Supported motherboard software includes as US aura Sync, Gigabyte RGB FUSION, MSI Mystic Light Sync, and ASROCK polychrome.. Air flow - 56.45 CFM. Noise level - 30.4 decibels
- Analog ARGB controller - low-profile controller included for users without RGB Cable motherboards. Choose from 8 Preset colors (red, yellow, green, teal, blue, White, Purple, and rainbow), 7 LED modes and off mode (wave, full light, RGB spectrum, off, flow, ripple, pulse, and blink), and 4 LED speeds.
- Rgb LED Ring - Nine 16. 8 million colors addressable LEDs provide balanced lighting coverage and brightness.
Best 140Mm RGB Fans Reviews 2022
Corsair QL Series, Ql140 RGB, 140mm RGB LED Fan
- Dual Fan kit with four lighting Zones and 34 individually addressable RGB LEDs per fan radiate spellbinding colors and effects on either side.
- Use the included compact iCUE lighting Node Core to easily control RGB lighting via Corsair iCUE software, cutting down cable clutter with simple USB 2.0 and SATA connections. Input Voltage : 100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz
- Create mesmerizing animated lighting effects with powerful Corsair iCUE software, bringing your system to life with dynamic RGB lighting synchronized across all your icue-compatible products and immersive integrated lighting with compatible games.
The Corsair QL Series LED Fan is a great fan because it has the best RGB capabilities and it also has remote controls. It’s also efficient and powerful with efficient speeds that will keep your system cool. I would definitely recommend getting this fan if you’re looking for a good RGB fan.
Corsair has built the Corsair QL series to provide cooling, lighting, and shine for your PC. These fans are perfect for any type of build whether it is for gaming or just normal use. They are available in various sizes that will suit any system.
These fans are also available in every price range which makes them perfect for anyone who is looking at purchasing a fan without spending too much money. The LED configuration on these fans provides mesmerizing colors and effects that will make your rig stand out from all the other rigs out there.
These fans also come with the Corsair iCUE software which makes it easy for you to control all your RGB components from one place. Whether you are looking for an RGB fan with great color options, great price, or come with software to control them all, the Corsair QL series of fans has something for you.
- Great RGB capabilities
- Remote controls
- Efficient and powerful with efficient speeds that will keep your system cool
Noctua NF-A14 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan
- Premium quiet fan, 140x140x25 mm, 12V, 4-pin PWM, max. 1500 RPM, max. 24.6 dB(A), >150,000 h MTTF
- Award-winning 140x25mm A-series fan with Flow Acceleration Channels and Advanced Acoustic Optimisation frame for superior quiet cooling performance
- Square frame design is ideal for water cooling radiators (AIO or DIY), PC cases and other chassis (intake & exhaust), cabinet ventilation, etc.
I have been using the Noctua NF-A14 PWM fan for over a year now. The square frame is ideal for replacing 140mm case fans or water-cooling radiators. The square frame will give entire coverage while also performing well under strain.
I also enjoy the advantages of features such as Acceleration of Flow Channels that improve fan efficiency, minimize vortex noise, and provide better stabilization.
As far as aesthetics goes, the NF-A14 PWM comes in three different colors to choose from. These are brown, red and grey. Brown has a natural appeal that works well with most computer cases. The other two colors are also appealing but if you want something more simplistic, then you might want to settle for the brown version of this fan.
I enjoy this particular model because it can be used in many different applications. I would recommend this fan to anyone looking to replace their current one or looking to buy a new one for their next build.
- Quiet packaged
- Low vortex noise
- Square Frame to offer full coverage for water cooling radiators
- Integrated anti-vibration pads provide support and eliminate minute vibrations from being transmitted
CORSAIR AF140 LED Low Noise Cooling Fan
- High Airflow: Up to 52 CFM of airflow at peak 1,400 RPM
- Four Hub-Mounted LEDs: Easily add vivid LED lighting to your system
- Low-Noise Operation: A custom fan blade and hydraulic bearing allows for low-noise operation without sacrificing performance
If you want a fan with a lot of power and yet doesn’t make too much noise, this is the perfect option. The whole reason why it is cheaper than other fans is that it has 50 CMPs (Cubic Meters per second) airflow when at peak RPMs.
The best part about it is how quiet it is. The CORSAIR AF140 LED Low Noise Cooling Fan provides high airflow, has four hub-mounted LED lights, and is very quiet. The fan blades are opaque which diffuses the light, making for stunning illumination.
The fan blades are also custom with a hydraulic bearing which makes it very low in noise. This product is best for use as either a case fan or with any CORSAIR Hydro Series Liquid CPU coolers.
As long as you use it in the right place, such as on your laptop or desktop, you won’t be able to hear it without deliberately trying to find out where the sound is coming from. The two downsides of this product are that it’s not waterproof and can only be used in one position; however, for what it can do, it is definitely worth the purchase.
- Has 50 CMPs
- Quieter than most other fans
- Perfect for use as either a case fan or with any CORSAIR Hydro Series Liquid CPU coolers.
- Not waterproof
Cooler Master SickleFlow 140 V2 ARGB Square Frame Fan
- ARGB Lighting: Signature cooling performance with an ARGB 3-Pin design: a perfect choice for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are individually customizable.
- New Blade Design: Revised curve blade design to improve airflow and air pressure. A refreshed blade for improved lighting.
- Enhanced Fan Frame: Enhanced frame structure, reducing turbulent flow noise increase efficiency.
I’m a huge fan of LED lighting on my gaming setup, and I love changing the colors for a different mood. When I saw the SickleFlow Square Frame Fan from Cooler Master, I was very excited to see that it came with that as a feature. I was not disappointed either.
The housing has a nice translucent finish on it which really shows off the RGB LEDs nicely inside. It’s also quite bright compared to most traditional fans, although it doesn’t throw as much light as you might find on some of the fancier adjustable models.
The blades are big and round and this thing moves some serious air – so much so that with my mini-ITX rig under my desk, the fan itself can actually lift my computer up off the surface it’s resting on! The fan itself is very quiet, not surprising given how powerful it is.
The RGB lighting has its own controller that mounts inside one of the 5.25″ drive bays and gives you two modes for cycling through the colors – one with all the colors moving across the fan at once, and a mode that just has a single color you can set to stay on.
You can also adjust the brightness of the LEDs independently from the other colors, which is a nice touch. The controller itself has an external cord so you have some flexibility with where you put it in the case – I mounted mine above my hard drive rack, so the A-RGB controller is high enough to see but stays nicely out of the way.
The fan itself connects to the controller using a USB 2.0 cable with an extension – this allows you to route it through my 5 drive bays where I have my fans installed in front of my PSU shroud. It’s not really meant to pass through any filters or anything, so it will be easily accessible.
The fan is fairly easy to install using the included screws, although I installed mine with just the 4 corner screws on each side due to my case setup being a flow-through design. The wire that connects into your motherboard for power also comes with some extra length, which is nice for taking into account routing preferences.
I would imagine that some folks will be looking at this fan more as an entry-level RGB model, but even then it’s solidly built and has a very nice light diffuser on the top which you wouldn’t expect on something in this price range.
The only thing I wish they’d done was to include a separate USB to 3 pin Molex connector, as the controller demands both 5V and 12V power inputs. This means you can’t use it with an older PSU that doesn’t have the latter, which is unfortunate. That said, this was clearly designed for modern motherboards so it’s not too big of a deal.
I’d recommend this fan to anyone who wants a small but powerful LED-based cooling unit that looks good while being very easy to install.
- Very powerful
- Compact size for large fan area
- Good looking ARGB LED setup
- Only 3 pin PSU compatibility
Be Quiet BL040 Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM Case Fan
- Nine airflow-optimized fan blades reduce noise-generating turbulence. Air flow - 61.2 CFM. Noise level - 19.8 decibels
- Long life rifle-bearing gives an operating lifetime of 80, 000 hours
- Even at maximum speed, operates at only 19.8 dBA)
The Be Quiet BL040 Pure Wings Case Fan that I am reviewing is a product with features that work to keep it sturdy and sound. It is able to keep the fan speed variable and control and speed when needed.
The rifle bearing technology in this case fan is also a major selling point. This product works well with water cooling systems to disperse heat, which makes it an even better buy.
The variable-speed function of this fan was also a nice feature as it allowed me to change the noise level of the fan depending on what I needed at the time. The fan speed can be controlled by pulse width modulation according to temperature using compatible 4 pin controllers.
You may not be able to read it but if you look closely, the rifle-carrying technology guarantees longevity of up to 80,000 hours. The fan has good airflow for case fans and with water cooling systems dispersed heat is an even better buy. The quality of this product does not degrade as it is of very high quality.
- Allows for control of fan speed
- Variable Fan Speed function is great
- Long lifespan with Rifle Bearing technology avoids replacements or upgrades
- Quiet operation
- None to mention
Best 140mm RGB Fans Benefits
The benefits of 140mm RGB fans are endless. They move lots of air, they’re extremely quiet, and their colors can be customized to match your setup. If you need a new fan for your PC or gaming rig, then these are the ones for you!
The 140mm size is becoming more popular thanks in large part to its sleek design that fits neatly into most cases without taking up too much space. The size also means they can push air through radiators with greater efficiency than 120mm fans which makes them great for liquid cooling setups like custom loops and AIOs (all-in-one).
Their larger blades mean they spin slower but at higher RPMs so this helps keep the noise down while still moving plenty of air. When you add in the three different speed settings and customizable RGB lighting, it becomes clear that these fans are meant to impress.
They’re easily some of the best options on the market that will give your gaming rig even more style points!
The benefits of having these fans over cheaper and smaller alternatives are very clear: better performance and more customization. 140mm fans are much more versatile than 120mm ones because their blades can move much more air at much lower RPMs, which makes them much less noisy.
Additionally, since they’re larger, they can fit into almost any case without issue and work great with liquid cooling setups like custom loops and AIOs (all-in-one). I’d highly recommend getting these fans if you want to improve your cooling performance or just add some extra color to your gaming rig!
Factors To Consider When Choosing Best 140mm RGB Fans
Choosing the right fan for your needs can be a daunting task. There are so many fans to choose from, with different specs and features. It’s hard to know which one will suit you best.
With all of these choices comes confusion, leading people at times to get something that doesn’t fit their needs because it’s easier than making an informed decision about what they really need in a fan.
This article is designed to help you make sense of things and pick out the perfect 140mm RGB fan for your case!
Let’s take a look at some factors you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing the Best 140mm RGB fans: Price, Size, Noise Level, Airflow, and LED Options
With fans, you get what you pay for. A cheap fan may break easily, especially if it’s a low-quality fan not meant for heavy use. And more expensive doesn’t always mean better quality either!
Some of the best 140mm RGB fans are also inexpensive and inexpensive ones aren’t always top-notch. So how do you know what fan to get? Do your research on the different brands and models of fans that are available.
Find out which ones people like and why, and see how they compare in regards to price. Prices can range from $10-$80 depending on the features you want.
The size of the best 140mm RGB fan you need depends on the size of your case and whether or not you want to be able to mount it on the front, top, side panel, etc.
This is important because if you buy a fan that’s too big for your case and try and force it in there and damage something, you’ll have to spend more money repairing or replacing damaged parts.
Do some research on the fan you want to buy and find out what dimensions it has so you can compare those with your case.
Some fans are quieter than others, and some people like a quiet environment with as little noise as possible while others prefer it to be noisier for whatever reason.
If you’re looking for a quiet fan, you’ll want to check out the noise level. You can do this by reading online reviews or looking up the independent specs of the fan (some websites measure noise levels for fans).
How noisy a fan is will depend on what it’s made for and how fast it spins. Fans that spin really fast tend to be louder than those that spin more slowly, but there are always exceptions to this rule.
The amount of airflow that a fan can produce is another important factor in determining which fan is the best for you. How much air the fan pushes out will determine how well it ventilates your system and what kind of components can be placed near it without overheating.
This is important because if you need high airflow, you’ll want to check the spec and compare it with your needs and your case size to make sure that the fan can fit in there and still provide adequate airflow.
The number of LEDs a fan has will influence its price (the more there are, the higher the price). Having a ton of LEDs can be nice if you’re into that kind of thing, but the number of LEDs a fan has is mostly a matter of personal preference.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed at all the different kinds of fans out there with so many features and options.
But as long as you keep these things in mind — size, price, noise level, airflow, and LED options — you’ll be able to narrow down your search and choose the right fan.
FAQs about Best 140mm RGB Fans
Can I install them in my case or mount them to my chassis without any problem?
Yes, you can! These fans can be installed in most air cooling setups and they’re designed specifically to work with chassis systems.
And this clip will guide you on how to install it:
Why should I buy the Best 140mm RGB Fans?
You should buy the Best 140mm RGB fans because they’re made to cool quickly and efficiently with a speed-control knob that lets you control the amount of light emitted from your case.
The product also comes with a pair of high-end blue LEDs that will look best in most builds. It is perfect for cooling down even some of this generation’s more processor-intensive graphics cards, whilst emitting little noise which will appeal to those looking for a refreshing change from their current fan setup. In short, you can’t go wrong with these!
How do I know if a fan is too noisy?
It isn’t too noisy if you are using it for an anti-noise setup.
Most RGB fans come with speeds between 800 and 2000 RPM, so if you’re looking for a quiet sound, then these would be perfect. It is completely dependent on your build, but most RGB setups emit little noise even at maximum speed.
What are some other specifications about them?
The Best RGB 140mm Fans are available in 3 different speed settings to suit your needs. They also come with a fan hub for easy installation and connectivity, 2x PWM plugs, and an adapter for all three options- 4 pins, 3 pins, or no pins. The price of these fans is worth the quality received.
The product is designed based on a unique blade design that significantly reduces noise while maintaining performance levels. The results from the cooling fins significantly reduce heat emissions from sensitive components inside your rig which will extend their lifespan by reducing overheating issues.
In short, these fans should be perfect for any standard PC build!
You don’t have to be an expert or spend hours researching the best fan for your needs. Instead, you can simply choose one of these best 140mm RGB fans and know that it will work well with most PC builds.
The fans are designed specifically to cool quickly and efficiently with high-end blue LEDs that emit little noise which will appeal to those looking for a refreshing change from their current setup.
If you’re interested in installation options, they come with 3 different speed settings as well as 2x PWM plugs so you’ll always have the perfect solution available.
With all this said, we hope you find yourself purchasing one of our products soon!