Do you need desktop computers for graphic design work? Desktop computers are the perfect choice for people who want to do more with their computers. They’re robust, reliable, and offer plenty of storage space. And they come in all shapes and sizes, so there’s one that will fit any budget or workspace.
Whether you’re looking for a PC or Mac, desktop computers have everything you need to get creative on the go. You can even use them as an external monitor when working from home! It doesn’t matter if your office is big or small with desktops because these machines are designed to be versatile and adaptable no matter where they live.
Choosing the right computer for your needs can be a difficult decision. There are many factors to consider, such as price, features, and size of the screen. But when you need a powerful desktop that is also aesthetically pleasing, it may seem like an impossible task! Fear not, though, because we have narrowed down top computers that will suit any design professional out there!
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 21.5-inch (Diagonal) LED-backlit Display with IPS Technology; 1920-by-1080 Resolution
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (1) (when available, see below)
- CUSTOMIZABLE AND COMPACT – This sleek, space-saving tower allows you to expand and upgrade with customizable LED lights and system optimization in the OMEN Command Center
- 4K READY – Outstanding performance and immersive multimedia entertainment with 4K visuals courtesy of the 10th Generation IntelⓇ Core i3-10100 processor
- Subscription-free photo editing and design software PLUS the ultimate creative bundle including Highlight Reel, MultiCam Capture Lite, Painter Essentials 8, Sea-to-Sky Workspace, PhotoMirage Express, AfterShot 3, and the Corel Creative Collection
- Full-featured editing tools to correct, adjust and restore your photos, remove objects and flaws, change backgrounds, upsample with AI, manage RAW image files, create HDR photos, batch process and more
- Get creative with graphic design features like layers and masks, powerful selection, intuitive text, brushes, drawing and painting tools, hundreds of creative filters, effects, and built-in templates
- ADJUSTABLE SUPPORT: Unimouse is an innovative wired computer mouse with an adjustable angle and thumb support, providing unparalleled comfort and ergonomic benefits. Whether you're left-handed or right-handed, we have a Unimouse for you.
- CUTTING-EDGE COMPUTER CAPABILITIES: Featuring 10 cursor speed adjustments, 6 programmable buttons, and 2.4Ghz technology, this ergonomic computer mouse supports enhanced precision at an operational distance of 25 feet!
- INNOVATIVE ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Our dynamic handheld mouse design boasts adjustable thumb support and a unique hinge mechanism. This design allows you to find an angle that mimics your natural posture and helps minimize repetitive strain injuries.
- UPGRADE TO IMPRESSIVE NVMe SPEED Whether you need a boost for gaming or a seamless workflow for heavy graphics, the 980 is a smart choice for outstanding SSD performance
- PACKED WITH SPEED 980 delivers value, without sacrificing sequential read write speeds up to 3,500 3,000 MB s
- KEEP MOVING WITH FULL POWER MODE Keep your SSD running at its peak with Full Power Mode, which drives continuous and consistent high performance
- Peachpit Press
- Airey, David (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-11700 8-Core 2.50 GHz Processor (16MB SmartCache, Turbo Boost up to 4.90 GHz)
- 64GB DDR4 2933 MHz Memory, 1TB SSD + 2TB Hard Drive, DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD), Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
- Intel UHD Graphics 750, Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless + Bluetooth 5.1, 500 Watt Power Supply
- New User Interface Now easier to use
- Video Tutorial for a fast start
- Improved Share on Facebook and YouTube with a few simple clicks
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested & certified to work like-new. The product is backed by a 90 day warranty
- Contoured shape with soft rubber grips provide all-day comfort
- Back/forward buttons and side-to-side scrolling plus zoom let you do more, faster Requires Logitech SetPoint software
- Woven, Hard to get tangled design. It resists cuts and nicks and makes handling and management easier
- Easy Installation convenient SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection eliminates the need to install a separate Graphics card and does not have Trouble with compatibility issues
- This is an ideal and portable solution for notebook PCs and desktop systems with Graphics card without additional output. It can be easily installed on any Windows computer
Desktop Computers For Graphic Design Reviews 2022
Microsoft Surface Studio 2
- Our most powerful Surface yet with Intel Core i7 processors, discrete NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and SSD storage
- The strikingly large 28" PixelSense Display is a stunning touchscreen with 13.5 million pixels of true-to-life color
- Tilt the display weightlessly to work at 20 degrees down in Studio Mode or upright in Desktop Mode
Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is one of the best graphics design computers out there. It houses a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, the NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and SSD storage. The USP of this computer is its touchscreen display with 13.5 million pixels to provide you with true-to-life color. You can work in Studio Mode at 20 degrees or Desktop Mode, whichever way you prefer.
Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is the successor to the original Surface Studio. With the Surface Dial, you can get real-time shortcuts while working on your computer without taking your hands off anything. You don’t have to worry about compatibility either because this system runs intensive professional-grade software like SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Autodesk.
The new features make this an excellent choice for professionals who need a powerful computer for graphic design, video editing, illustration work, and sound production. In addition, the Surface Pen has been improved with better latency and accuracy. One drawback to note about this product is that it does not come with a keyboard.
For $99, you can pick up the “Surface Mouse,” which is also designed by Microsoft. This new version of Surface Studio supports up to 32GB of RAM and 2TB SSD storage. The improved color accuracy makes this an excellent choice for graphic designers looking for precise colors without needing to calibrate or spend extra money on a separate display for color accuracy.
– True-to-life colors
– Supports professional-grade software like SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Autodesk
– The touchscreen display is oversized with 13.5 million pixels for precise detail work
– Does not come with a keyboard
– You can’t plug speakers directly into it like other computers. You need to buy the “Surface Dial” separately for sound
2020 Apple iMac
- 27-inch (diagonal) 5120-by-2880 Retina 5K display
- 3.1GHz 6-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300 graphics
In addition, the 2020 Apple iMac includes an AMD Radeon Pro 5300 graphics card that offers support for virtual reality (VR) content at up to three million pixels per eye and can be used with VR headsets such as Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. This computer is excellent for photo design, with the Retina display and large screen.
The speakers are also very loud and clear. It’s also easy to connect with this computer to the internet via Wi-Fi. From our point of view, this is a perfect machine for graphic design. The 2020 Apple iMac has a 5K Retina display. This means that the pixels are so close together, there can be no distinction between them unless seen from a distance more significant than the width of an average adult’s thumb.
The ultrafast SSD storage offers fast speeds while opening programs and files. This makes for excellent photo editing when viewing images in their entirety. The computer also allows for up to four displays to be hooked up at a time, making multitasking even more accessible. 2020 Apple iMac is expensive if you purchase the high-end version with all of its bells and whistles.
However, it doesn’t come with enough RAM to take full advantage of the iMac’s capabilities. The 2020 Apple iMac has a 27-inch screen size, and the frame is more petite. The 2020 Apple iMac’s display is brighter, more vivid, and easier to see from wider angles too.
– Retina display for photo editing
– Four displays are supported at once
– High-speed SSD storage
– Multiple connectivity options are available, including Thunderbolt 3, Wifi and Ethernet
– Price is high if you go with the fully loaded model
– The RAM isn’t very extensive, making it difficult to take full advantage of the 2020 Apple iMac’s capabilities
2021 Apple iMac
- Immersive 24-inch 4.5K Retina display with P3 wide color gamut and 500 nits of brightness
- Apple M1 chip delivers powerful performance with 8-core CPU and 7-core GPU
- Strikingly thin 11.5 mm design in vibrant colors
The Apple iMac is one of their most loved products. They are well-known for sourcing the best quality materials that you can find anywhere in the world. This product has some of the best features that you will find on any other desktop computer. The new design looks great and is far slimmer than the previous models.
The 2021 Apple iMac is an immersive, 24”, 4.5K retina display with 500 nits of brightness. This model also includes a high refresh rate monitor display that is amazing for those who want to work on graphics-heavy projects such as video editing and graphics design. The iMac has a FaceTime HD camera with M1 ISP for fantastic video quality.
It features ultrafast SSD storage up to 512GB and both Thunderbolt/USB4 ports and two USB3 ports. It also has a powerful processor and GPU, as well as a striking design. If you’re looking for a desktop PC with these features, then look no further! It is a remarkably robust and high-quality audio experience with a six-speaker sound system.
– Immersive 24-inch 4.5K retina display with P3 wide color gamut and 500 nits of brightness
– Powerful M1 chip that offers an 8-core CPU and 7-core GPU delivers impressive performance for graphic designers
– Strikingly thin 11.5 mm design in vibrant colors
– 1080p FaceTime HD camera offers fantastic video quality
– Only one USB port
2020 Apple iMac (21.5-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage)
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) 1920-by-1080 resolution display
- Seventh-generation dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
We have been using a Windows PC for a while now, and we thought it was time for us to switch over to a mac. We had a lot of questions that we needed to be answered, and we did some research before finally making the decision. The Apple store offers clarity when you are trying to figure out what kind of computer you need.
You can find all sorts of products in their store, whether you need something for gaming, graphic design, or any other type of work. The 2020 iMac is an excellent device for anyone looking for something with good specs at an affordable price. Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 provides excellent performance across various apps like Microsoft Excel or video editing in Final Cut Pro X.
With 8 GB of RAM, you can run multiple apps at once and not have to worry about the system slowing down. One of the things that we were worried about before purchasing our iMac was how it handled 4K video editing. We were pleasantly surprised when we realized that it dealt with this kind of work without a problem even though it is a 21.5″ screen.
While this device is excellent for people looking to get work done, it isn’t designed for gaming. The 2020 iMac only has one port that lets you connect your Xbox One controller to play games instead of buying an adapter. If you are not seriously into gaming or don’t affect you, then the 2020 Apple iMac is a great option.
– The 2020 iMac has Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, which provides excellent performance across various apps like Microsoft Excel or video editing in Final Cut Pro X.
– With 8 GB of RAM, you can run multiple apps at once and not have to worry about the system slowing down.
– We were pleasantly surprised when we realized that it handled 4K video editing without a problem while on a 21.5-inch screen.
– The 2020 Apple iMac only has one port that lets you connect your Xbox One controller to play games.
Acer Aspire C27-962-UA91
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3. 6GHz)
- 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Edge-to-Edge LED Back-lit Display
- NVIDIA GeForce MX130 with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
It’s worked well so far, and we haven’t had any problems with it. All of the features on this computer are useful and came in handy for our work. The keyboard is comfortable to type on, and the display is evident and easy to read. We also like that it automatically adjusts the brightness depending on how much light is in the room.
It was tricky getting used to all of the controls at first, but we had everything figured out after a few days. The instructions were beneficial, and it’s super easy to switch between programs. The price was perfect for all of the features you get with the computer. It has everything we need for our work, and it looks sleek.
This is a perfect computer for an affordable price. We love the 27″ screen that provides a lot of space to work. The processor guy is fast, and the graphics card is also impressive, which means games will run smoothly, but there are some features you may not get with other computers, such as a built-in webcam and wireless keyboard and mouse.
Windows 10 Home is pre-installed, which means there is no junkware or trial software installed, so you can get straight to work. It could be improved by having more USB ports, but everything is excellent about this computer.
– Good price
– Looks sleek
– Has everything we need for work
– Not enough USB ports
Desktop Computers For Graphic Design Benefits
Desktop computers are a great option for graphic designers. If you’re looking to purchase a computer, there’s no doubt that the desktop is the best choice because of its stability and security. A desktop also has more space than other devices, which makes it easier to work on projects. There are plenty of other benefits as well, such as faster processing speeds and less power consumption.
Read this part for more information about why your next computer should be a desktop!
A desktop computer for graphic design is a must-have. These computers are more powerful and offer a larger screen than laptops, making them optimal for productivity.
The most significant benefit of using this computer is using it as you please without worrying about battery life or storage capacity like you would with a laptop. That means that if you need to work on your projects at home or in the office, then all you need to do is plug into an outlet and get started!
Another benefit is that desktops are much more stable than laptops. This means that you won’t need to worry about your files crashing as they would on a laptop because desktops handle large amounts of data much better. Computers for graphic design run faster and smoother on desktops as well, which makes them ideal if you’re looking to get a good performance out of your machine.
You will be able to sit at a desk and use a computer properly with the accessories you need, such as a keyboard and mouse, because desktop models allow these devices to be plugged in directly. While this isn’t something that might seem important now, it could become very annoying if you cant use all of your accessories properly.
These benefits show that desktop computers for graphic design are the way to go because you’ll be able to complete your projects more efficiently than you would on any other machine. So if you’re in the market for a new computer, then get yourself a desktop PC and complete all of your upcoming tasks with ease.
To sum up, desktop computers for graphic design have the benefits as follow:
• Desktop computers for graphic design are more power-efficient
• Desktop computers for graphic design have less screen glare, so you’ll be able to work comfortably.
• Desktop computers for graphic design are built for productivity with powerful processing speeds and larger screens
• Your next computer should likely be a desktop because it is far more stable than laptops.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Desktop Computers For Graphic Design
The suitable desktop computers for graphic design suit your individual needs. However, some key factors to consider when choosing a new or used desktop computer for graphic design. A few of the most important considerations include:
Is The Computer For Graphic Design Work
This is a big question that will have a significant impact on how you choose your computer. In most cases, professionals who need to do photo editing and video editing will need desktop computers with the most processing power possible to work efficiently. This means having an up-to-date processor, a lot of RAM, and a large hard drive. Also, disk space is significant for graphic design.
What Do You Need To Run
Numerous factors go into running graphic design software that can make any given program unresponsive, so it’s essential to understand what your computer needs to run before making a purchase. Graphic design programs can be particularly demanding for memory and processor speed, requiring the latest PC components to run without lag.
A good rule of thumb is that if you’re not able to upgrade your computer in the future, it’s best to purchase a desktop with more than enough RAM and processing power for what you need. For example, if you only run Photoshop on your desktop computers for graphic design, it’s essential to make sure that your computer can support the latest version of the software.
Size And Style Of Your Monitor
When choosing a new or used desktop computer for graphic design, one of the factors worth considering is whether you need an additional monitor to work with the computer. Graphic design is commonly done on large, high-quality monitors because having extra space to view your work helps you better understand the entire project.
Since many graphic designers opt for multiple monitors during their workday, it is wise to chooseanswer a desktop with enough bays to support one or more additional screens. It’s also essential to ensure that your computer has a compatible graphics card to run other monitors if needed.
What’s Your Budget
Another critical consideration when buying desktop computers for graphic design is your budget. While it might be tempting to save money and purchase refurbished or used equipment, you should avoid compromising quality to get the best deal on a new desktop.
Instead, you should buy a desktop computer with the necessary components to run your graphic design software without lag while still within your price range.
The most crucial factor to consider when choosing a computer for your needs is its specifications, including processor speed, memory, operating system, and graphics card. You will also need to think about how much storage space you require and what peripherals you want or need it to have.
Choosing desktop computers for graphic design is about balancing performance with personal needs and preferences. To get started, spend some time learning more about the graphic design software you plan to use. After you know what you need, consider your budget and what you’d be most comfortable with within computer size, style, and quality.
FAQs About Desktop Computers For Graphic Design
– What advantage does using a desktop computer rather than a laptop have?
Desktop computers allow you to use more of your programs at once without having to go back and forth between them. They also usually have larger screens of better quality.
– What role does memory play in graphic design?
Graphics go much faster when the computer has more memory. Memory is crucial when it comes to graphic design programs.
– How does CPU speed affect graphic design performance?
The more powerful the computer’s CPU, the faster it will run graphic design programs. However, there is no need for extremely high processing power unless you work with huge files.
– How does a graphics card affect graphic design?
A graphics card helps the images run smoothly and makes projects run faster. A higher-end graphics card can help you preview, render, and playback your work as you design.
– What kind of screen size do I need?
It depends on the type of graphics you are working with, but most people prefer to have laptop screens at least 13 inches. When choosing a screen for graphic design needs, either a laptop or desktop can work.
A graphics card may be attractive for those who use heavy-duty programs that require more power, but laptops are small and easy to carry around if they are lightweight enough not to cause pain in your arms/shoulders from having them all day long. You’ll want to make sure that the RAM is sufficient if you need intense computer power.
Most CPUs don’t need intense processing power unless you’re working on large files with many layers, which is why programs like Adobe Photoshop may run better on desktops. It’s easier to work on multiple programs and to keep them open at once. Keyboards and mice are the same for desktop and laptop computers, so that you won’t have trouble with that either way.
When choosing a graphics card for graphic design needs, we recommend going with one of the best because they’ll render and playback your work as you design. You’ll want to make sure that the screen is at least 13 inches if you’re working with professional-grade material, but laptops are small and easy to carry around if they aren’t too heavy on your arms/shoulders.
Choosing desktop computers for graphic design is essential, but it all depends on what you need. If you just want to browse the internet and run small programs like Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Office, then a laptop may be enough.
However, suppose you’re looking for something more powerful that can handle large files with many layers in them. In that case, we recommend going with a desktop because they have larger screens and usually faster processors than laptops do. In either case, though, make sure your RAM is high enough so that your graphics card doesn’t lag while rendering images as you work on projects too!