We all know that painting is hard work, but it doesn’t have to be! With the right tools you can make your job easier and faster. Lacquer spray guns are one of the best ways to paint quickly and efficiently. They allow you to apply lacquer in thin coats without any drips or runs, saving both time and money on labor costs.
Are you looking for the best lacquer spray gun? You’ve come to the right place. When it comes to painting equipment, there are a lot of choices out there. But just because something is popular doesn’t mean that it’s the best choice for your needs. That’s why we put together this list of some of our favorite lacquer spray guns on the market today. We hope that with these reviews, you can find what will work best for you.
- Best for performance: Earlex 0HV6003PUS
- Best for design: Fuji Spray 5175G
- Best for craft projects: Fuji 9600-G Gravity G-XPC Spray Gun
- Best for adjustment: 200G- Touch-up Spray Gun
- Best for home improvement projects: Critter Spray Gun 118 Siphon
- TCP Global Brand Professional Suction Feed HVLP Spray Gun with a 1.8mm Fluid Tip, 1 Liter Aluminum Suction Cup
- The large 1.8 mm fluid tip allows you to spray coatings like automotive, oil based enamels, latex, varnishes, lacquers, primers & wood coatings
- Contains a Stainless Steel Needle & 1.8mm Needle & Nozzle Set
- SEMI-PRO PAINT SPRAYER: The Earlex Spray Station 5500 is designed for serious woodworking, light contractor and automotive enthusiasts. Ideal for use in the workshop, around the home or on the job site
- ACHIEVE THE PERFECT FINISH: The professional metal spray gun and 650 watt turbine provide a superior finish on small to medium sized jobs such as doors, cabinets, spindles, decks, furniture, cars and more
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: This HVLP paint spraying unit features a flow control dial and a fast push-and-click spray pattern changing system to change your pattern to round, horizontal, or vertical
- 5-Stage turbine produces 9.5Psi
- Features the noise reduction feature + Heat Dissipation Chamber (HDC)
- Professional spray gun features convenient side pattern control knob to adjust size of Fan pattern from small to large
- PAINT SPRAYER FOR COUNTLESS DIY PROJECTS: The HomeRight Super Finish Max paint sprayer offers the ultimate DIYing experience. It’s great for applying a great finish on small to large projects like fences, decks, furniture, cabinets, dressers and more.
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS TO SUIT ANY PROJECT: You can adjust the air cap to spray horizontal, vertical, and round. You can also adjust the material flow control knob to quickly increase or decrease the material output
- MORE POWER=SPRAY MORE MATERIALS: Offers 450 watts of powerful spraying experience. It sprays a wide variety of paints and stains such as chalk type paint, milk paint, latex paints, enamels, primers, clear sealer, polyurethane, stain and varnish
- Professional Spray Gun features convenient side pattern control knob to adjust size of fan pattern from small to large
- Non-Bleed Spray Gun for less blowing around of shop dust
- New sleek lightweight design
- Gravity high volume, low pressure design
- 600cc aluminum paint cup with lid
- Small, light weight diaphragm mini air regulator
- PRECISION SPRAY PERFORMANCE: Delivers high transfer efficiency, a large adjustable fan pattern with smooth trigger pull
- KIT INCLUDES: 1 Spray Gun, 15 Gravity HVLP Atomizing Heads, 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup with 5 lids and liners
- REPLACEABLE NOZZLES: 5 each of quick-change replaceable atomizing heads in size 1.2, 1.3, 1.4; it’s like getting a brand-new spray gun with every new nozzle
- Leading Manufacturer Of High-Quality Products
- International Renown For Our Diverse Range Of Award-Winning Products
- Fully Equipped With State-Of-The-Art Technology
- Professional non-bleed Spray Gun with Adjustable Pattern Fan Control
- 1.3mm Air cap set installed
- 1Qt Bottom Feed Cup
- 5-Stage Turbine produces 9 5psi featuring Variable Speed Control Dial allows user to adjust motor speed
- Quiet turbine - Patented noise reduction feature + Heat Dissipation Chamber (HDC)
- Professional Spray Gun features convenient side Pattern Control Knob to adjust size of fan pattern from small to large
Best Lacquer Spray Gun Reviews 2022
Earlex 0HV6003PUS Spray Port 6003 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- HVLP SPRAY SYSTEMS: The Earlex SprayPort 6003 HVLP paint sprayer offers professional finishing capabilities to provide a flawless finish on your next project. The durable sprayer is built in the USA and is backed by a 2 year warranty
- PERFECT FOR WOODWORKERS: Designed for the serious woodworker to apply a superior finish with no brush marks on cabinets, doors, trim, furniture and more
- SPRAY A VARIETY OF COATINGS: Features a 3-stage turbine with an output of 5.5 PSI for improved atomization with thin or thick coatings ranging from polyurethanes, varnishes, shellac, lacquer, enamels, stains, milk paints, chalk paints & latex
Earlex 0HV6003PUS Spray Port 6003 HVLP Paint Sprayer is a fast and easy way to spray thin or thick coatings. It comes with a pressure feed to give you a perfect finish. The 3-stage turbine makes it easier to apply a thin or thick coating.
The dual nozzle allows you to change the flow rate, giving you the control that you need for your coatings. The cool grip handle makes it comfortable to use and the 360° rotating air cap makes it easy to spray all surfaces. It comes with a 25ft. Hyperflex hose, which is lightweight and durable and ensures easy maneuverability around the project for maximum performance.
– Easy to use handle
– Easy to store paint sprayer with its low profile design
– Versatile for a wide range of coatings
– This product can be difficult to set up
Fuji Spray 5175G – T75G Gravity Spray Gun
- Professional Spray Gun features convenient side pattern control knob to adjust size of fan pattern from small to large
- Non-Bleed Spray Gun for less blowing around of shop dust
- New sleek lightweight design
The Fuji Spray 5175G – T75G Gravity Spray Gun is one of the best lacquer spray guns on the market. This model features a lightweight design that will not tire you out when you use it for longer periods of time. The gun has a non-bleed system that will keep dust from getting in your eyes and lungs, and the large fan pattern makes it easy to get paint or products applied evenly. The product is great for professional use, and it’s highly durable.
– Lightweight design that will not tire you out
– Non-bleed system
– Large fan pattern to get paint applied evenly
– High-quality construction
– Professional use
– More expensive than other models
Fuji 9600-G Gravity G-XPC Spray Gun
- Featuring "Tilt and Swivel" 400cc Material Gravity Cup.
- Professional spray gun now features pattern control knob to adjust size of fan pattern from small to large
- 100% stainless steel fluid components, metal knobs, ergonomic handle is insulated – never gets hot.
In the best lacquer spray guns list, the Fuji 9600-G Gravity G-XPC Spray Gun is a professional spray gun that is designed for use with common automotive clear coat and lacquer. This spray gun is ideal for craft and craft projects. The features of this spray gun include: 400cc Material Gravity Cup, Non-Bleed Spray gun, and Insulated Stay-Cool Handle.
– Less blowing around of shop dust compared to other spray guns
– Professional looking results
– Easy to clean the spray gun
– Smaller fan pattern compared to other spray guns
Graco-Sharpe 289200A Mini-HVLP FX1000 Paint Spray Gun
- 1.0 mm Conventional Gravity Feed Spray Gun
- Ultra lightweight and compact
- Includes FX1000 gun, 125cc aluminum cup, wrench and cleaning brush
This is a great product by Graco-Sharpe, with many desirable features. Its lightweight design along with a compact size makes it perfect for travel and painting projects in tight spaces. The gun is solidly constructed out of high-quality materials, and the nozzle has a dual coating that reduces clogging and increases durability. The gun has a 1.0 mm nozzle that produces roughly 12,000 psi at the tip of the spray gun. It is made of steel and aluminum, giving it a solid weight that reduces hand fatigue when painting for long periods.
This item comes with a convenient 125cc cup to store paint before use, and it is easy to clean out and reattach with a quick release system. The cup also has a see-through visor that allows you to check paint levels from the outside of the cup. This is a great feature as it allows you to work without holding up your project to check fluid levels regularly, and makes painting in darker spaces easier as well.
– Solid construction out of high quality materials
– Easy to clean out and reattach
– Allows you to check paint levels from the outside of the cup
– Cannot produce a fine finish
Ingersoll Rand 270G Edge Series HVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun
- Non-drip cup
- Suspension hook
The Ingersoll Rand 270G Edge Series HVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun is a high-performance spray gun designed to deliver ultra-fine finishes on all types of hard finishes. This spray gun has maximum atomization with maximum control, which leads to minimal overspray and very little clean-up.
The gun features a vibration-free operation, which provides extended working time with constant fluid pressure for consistent coverage. It includes a non-drip cup that is oversized, which helps reduce paint wastage. It also includes suspension hooks that help reduce the weight for smoother spraying. Lastly, it includes an advanced filter system that filters the air before it enters the gun, which reduces clogs and improves atomization of the paint into finer particles.
– Very well-designed and great atomization
– Includes a filter system
– Does not drip
– Nozzles and tip appear to be made of plastic and may not last long term
Ingersoll Rand 200G Edge Series Touch-up Gravity Feed Spray Gun
- Non-drip cup protects against paint loss and ensures less mess, saving you time and money
- Filter adjustment knob provides versatility, allowing you to adjust air flow for any type of project
- Spray pattern adjustment knob allows precision to complete a variety of tasks
The Ingersoll Rand 200G Edge Series Touch-up Gravity Feed Spray Gun is a high-quality spray gun that provides the user with an array of features such as a non-drip cup that eliminates paint loss and ensures less mess.
The filter adjustment knob allows the user to adjust air flow for any type of project while the spray pattern adjustment knob allows precision to complete a variety of tasks. The air regulator with gauge is user-friendly and allows the user to control air flow, which makes it easy to modify both pressure and exposure levels for any type of job.
– Non-drip cup prevents paint loss
– Allows versatility for any project
– Precise control on air flow
– Might be a bit expensive for some
Paint Sprayer for Home – Ginour 600W Hvlp Spray Gun
- 🔫【High Power & Large Capacity】Compared to paint brushes or rollers, you can use less time and effort to get a smooth, high-quality surface treatment; Equipped with 1000ml detachable container, it will be your best electric paint sprayer for furniture, tables, chairs, fences, interior walls and crafts
- 🔫【3 Spray Pattens & 4 Cooper Nozzles & 5 PCS Filter Paper】Equipped with 3 different spray patterns (vertical/ horizontal/ circular) and 4 nozzle sizes at 1.5mm/1.8mm / 2.2mm / 2.6mm, The 1.5 mm and 1.8 mm nozzles are great for thin paints like sealers and varnish types of paint. The 2.2mm and 2.6mm nozzles are for thicker paints such as latex paint, chalk type paint and milk type paints. And 5 PCS Filter Paper is great for you to filter particles in paint
- 🔫【Adjustable Flow Control】In order to meet your different spraying needs, the output thickness of the paint can be adjusted through the control valve knob on the sprayer. This is an ideal design, which can save your cost on the paint by reasonably controlling the paint flow. Best spraying distance: 10 ~ 30CM
The Paint Sprayer for Home – Ginour 600W Hvlp Spray Gun is a great investment to have. It has a variety of different nozzles and settings to use. This sprayer can be used on furniture, walls, crafts and more! The design of the product is that it is easy to clean and adjust the spray based on what you need. You can use it with thinner paints or thicker paints depending on what you want to accomplish. You will not regret this best lacquer spray gun.
-Easy to clean
-Variety of nozzles and settings available
-Affordable price point for a high quality product
– It doesn’t outweigh the positives
SPRAYIT SP-31000 LVLP Siphon Feed Spray Gun
- One-piece lightweight aluminum gun body with 1000cc aluminum cup
- Separate and Adjustable fluid, fan pattern and air controls for precise application
- Air consumption 3.5 to 3.9 CFM @ 30 PSI
SPRAYIT SP-31000 LVLP Siphon Feed Spray Gun is a one-piece lightweight aluminum gun body with 1000cc aluminum cup, which provides you with the control of air pressure and air consumption. It has separate controls for fluid, fan pattern, and air control. The fan pattern for this spray gun is 7.0” to 10.9”.
This spray gun also provides you with a maximum pressure of 60 PSI. You can use it for different kinds of projects from hobby to automotive, interior to exterior. In addition, the price is very reasonable and affordable so anyone can have it.
– The price is very reasonable and affordable
– It has separate controls
– The maximum pressure is 60 PSI
– It has only one color option which is silver
High Pressure Spray Gun with 1000cc Cup
- All-purpose easy-to-clean paint spray gun
- Siphon-Feed Air Spray Gun, 1000cc aluminum cup, Nozzle Size: 3.0mm
- One-piece all steel gun body, rust-resistant stainless steel nozzle and solid brass cap for durability and longevity
The High Pressure Spray Gun with 1000cc Cup is the perfect machine for all your spraying needs. This gun has an aluminum cup, an adjustable fluid fan pattern and air controls to ensure that you get the most precise application. With many different viscosities of water or oil-based materials, this gun is the best choice for general-purpose use.
Additionally, the gun is easy to clean and maintain with its rust-resistant stainless steel nozzle and solid brass cap. With a one-piece all steel body for stability, this gun will be here for years to come.
– Long-lasting durability
– Fan pattern for precise application
– Durable steel nozzle and cap
– A bit expensive
Capital Pneumatics HVLP Professional Spray Gun
- Premium 1.3mm HVLP Gravity-Feed Spray Gun
- Durable and Lightweight Design
- Working Pressure: 18-30 PSI
The Capital Pneumatics HVLP Professional Spray Gun is a premium product that is durable, lightweight, and easy to use. This gun has a working pressure of 18-30 PSI and an average air consumption of 5-9 CFM at 30 PSI. The design allows for increased control over the spray pattern. It comes with two wrenches, two cleaning brushes, extra filter, and 1/4″ female plug. All parts are well made and there’s nothing cheap about the way it’s constructed.
The only downside to this product is that it doesn’t come with any instructions but it’s not too hard to figure out how to use it. It does require some elbow grease to get it ready for the first time but it’s not too bad. Anyone that has experience with an HVLP gun will have no problem with this one. This is one of the best lacquer spray guns that we would definitely recommend to you.
– Well made construction
– Lightweight and easy to use
– Easy to clean
– Doesn’t come with any instructions
– Doesn’t come with as many accessories as other models
YATTICH Paint Sprayer – High Power HVLP Spray Gun
- 【3 Spray Patterns & 5 Nozzle Sizes】Paint sprayer can be adjusted to 3 different spray patterns: horizontal, vertical and circular, and equipped with 5 size nozzles (1.2mm/1.5mm/1.8mm/2.5mm/3.0mm) for any painting projects, such as furniture, cars, fences, interior walls, garage doors, garden tables and chairs etc.
- 【Perfect Design For User Experience】Detachable, making it easier to use and clean; the paint output can be controled by adjusting the flow control knob on the sprayer to obtain different paint output; The 6.6ft power cord is long enough to allow you to move freely within a larger work area.
- 【High-Quality Materials】Using copper nozzles can withstand pressure more than plastic nozzles, and is less prone to clogging. It can also make the spraying surface more concentrated and more uniform. The use of double-layer insulation materials allows you to avoid worrying about any safety issues during operation.
In the best lacquer spray guns list, the YATTICH Paint Sprayer – High Power HVLP Spray Gun delivers one of the finest finishes on your work. It also allows you to customize the spray pattern. The YATTICH Paint Sprayer – High Power HVLP Spray Gun has a detachable design which makes it easier for you to clean and use. It is more powerful than other paint sprayers in the market, with a 1000 ml paint container. It is worth every penny of your investment because of its quality, ease of use and versatility.
The YATTICH Paint Sprayer – High Power HVLP Spray Gun delivers reliable operation which will serve you for long. It is a good investment because it comes with different nozzles. It can be used on multiple surfaces, saving you more money on the paint you will use. Also, it is easy to clean, thanks to its detachable design.
– Easy to clean with detachable design
– A steady and smooth operation
– High output than other paint sprayers
– Can be used for different surfaces
– A bit expensive than most paint sprayers
SHININGEYES Professional HVLP Gravity Spray Gun
- Nozzle Size:1.7mm, 1 Liter Non-Drip stainless steel Cup
- Great surface coating performance, Finest atomization, Easy maintenance
- 3 Knobs for full adjustment: Fluid, Pattern and Air Pressure Controls.
The SHININGEYES Professional HVLP Gravity Spray Gun is one of the best lacquer spray guns that is designed to help you through any job. The 1.7mm nozzle size and the 1 liter stainless steel cup provides an even finish on your work. The 3 different knobs allow for adjustments to be made accordingly to get the desired results.
It has a standard size 1/4 inch air inlet that maintains a constant line of paint going which can be adjusted by the fluid, pattern and air pressure control knobs. It has a one-year warranty so if you have any issues with it, it can be replaced. This spray gun is great for the professional artist who needs something to help them through jobs easily and quickly.
– Can be used for multiple types of jobs
– Different knobs for adjustment
– Lightweight design
– Not the best for leaves or larger pieces of furniture.
Critter Spray Products 22032 118SG Siphon Gun
- Compressor-mounted spray gun kit; requires 3 cfm at 90 psi
- Attaches to Mason jars filled with paints, stains, lacquers, and more
- Comes with glass Mason jar and metal spray gun
This is a great product for anyone who does home improvement projects, DIY work, or likes to paint. It attaches to Mason jars filled with stains, paints, lacquers, and more. It has a siphon gun that will fit into the lids of the jar so you can get all the product out without having to take apart the jar.
It comes with a 16 ounce Mason jar, metal spray gun, siphon gun, tube, gasket and instructions. It’s an all-in-one kit that is compressor mounted so all you have to do is attach it to your favorite compressor or air compressor unit. It attaches directly to the compressor unit so it’s easy to take on and off as needed.
– Easy to take on and off as needed
– Attaches directly to any compressor
– Fits standard 16 ounce Mason jar
– Great for do it yourself projects and home improvement jobs
– Cannot be used with jars that are wider than the Mason jar this kit comes with
Astro Pneumatic Tool 4008 Spray Gun
- All-purpose easy-to-clean paint spray gun
- Two-piece construction with gun featuring exclusive air valve design
- Fully adjustable wide fan pattern control
In the best lacquer spray guns on the market, this is a spray gun that is made to be easy-to-clean, all-purpose, and it has an exclusive air valve design. The gun has a two-piece construction with the gun featuring the fully adjustable wide fan pattern control. The gun comes with a dripless cup that can hold 1 quart of paint. The nozzle size on the spray gun is 1.8mm. The weight on this item is 3.2 pounds and the shipping weight is 4.4 pounds.
– Easy to clean
– All purpose gun
– Wide fan pattern control
– Might be a bit heavy for some people
K-Grip Siphon Spray Gun
- 1/2" to 2-1/2" circular pattern.
- Operates using an air compressor as small as 3/4HP
- 1/4" NPT fitting included. 16 oz. plastic jar
The K-Grip Siphon Spray Gun is a great way to spray latex, enamels, stains, lacquers and adhesives. It works with an air compressor as small as 3/4HP and sprays in any pattern from 1/2″ to 2-1/2″ circular.
The sprayer operates by inserting the tube into the jar or cup of material you need to spray and then inserting the jar into the gun body. This means that your hands never need to touch anything except how much material you want in your project. This also makes this a very economical way to do projects like painting or staining furniture or cabinets for cabinets for DIYers.
– Great way to paint without the mess
– Uses most standard size cup or jars of paint/materials
– Allows the user to spray in almost any pattern they want
– Needs some sort of jar or cup to hold material to spray
– A bit more expensive than other methods
Best Lacquer Spray Gun Benefits
Spraying lacquer is a great way to give furniture, cabinets, and other wood surfaces the protective coating they need. The best lacquer spray guns will offer you many benefits that can help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Save you time and energy
The best lacquer spray guns will use gravity feed design, which means the paint is pulled up into the gun by its own weight. This means you can get more done in less time because your hands never have to leave the gun.
Less mess and wasted material
Professional grade lacquer spray guns are fitted with multiple tip sizes that let you cover large or small areas quickly. They come with adjustable pattern settings that let you get into tight spaces and fine finish work without worrying about making a mess or wasting material.
Professional grade lacquer spray guns are designed to spray a fine mist of lacquer material that creates a perfect finish each time. These guns let you get into tight spaces and create a smooth, professional looking surface on your furniture, cabinets, countertops, or other project.
Professional grade lacquer spray guns let you control the pattern and quantity of material that’s sprayed. This makes it easy to get into tight spaces or create a wide area for large projects. It also helps you avoid unwanted drips and runs in your finished work.
Save you Money
Good lacquer sprayers do a great job of providing a smooth, solid finish to your cabinets, furniture, and other projects. This means you don’t have to put as many coats on as you would if you were painting by hand. The savings that come from not having to purchase as much paint or supplies can add up quickly.
Different Types Of Lacquer Spray Gun
There are many different types of lacquer spray guns, but the main differences are between the gravity feed and siphon designs.
When you use a gravity feed design, you simply pour your material into a jar or cup attached to the gun or let it flow through an opening in the side of the air chamber. Gravity pulls the material out of the jar and into the gun where it is then pushed through a spray nozzle. This allows for a continuous flow that’s easy to control and minimizes messes.
A siphon design requires that you pour your material into a jar or cup attached to the air chamber. The force of gravity pulls the liquid into the chamber, but then a vacuum is created when you pull the trigger. This pulls more material through to mix with any existing paint in the gun, which gives you a continuous flow of material for easy spraying.
While the force of gravity is great for pulling up material, it isn’t powerful enough to vacuum or sweep new material into an air chamber. This is why siphon guns are more popular with professionals because they allow you to spray continuously without stopping.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Lacquer Spray Gun
When you need to apply lacquer, it’s best to use the right tools or else it won’t come out looking good at all. There are some things to keep in mind when choosing the perfect lacquer spray gun for your needs.
The size of the gun will depend on how much lacquer you plan to use. Smaller projects only need smaller guns, while larger projects require bigger ones. As a rule of thumb, the best lacquer spray gun for large projects is one with a gallon capacity. However, make sure that it comes with a good spray nozzle to get even coverage on your surface.
The quality of the lacquer spray gun is usually indicated by its brand and price. Not all cheap paint guns are made of good quality, but there are a few exceptions. Most expensive paint guns come with a warranty in case something goes wrong. You should always do your research before purchasing the best lacquer spray gun for your needs.
Always look at the nozzle size when choosing a lacquer spray gun since it will affect coverage and output. The spray pattern, fan size, and air pressure will depend on the nozzle. If you want a wide spray pattern with no overspray, choose a large nozzle. Otherwise, go for smaller sizes if you don’t mind using multiple coats to get your desired look.
The brand of the paint spray gun doesn’t affect its quality as much as the nozzle. However, it usually determines its price and warranty. Make sure to choose a brand with good reviews before purchasing your lacquer paint gun. The best lacquer spray gun isn’t necessarily expensive; you’ll just need to do some research.
You’ll want to use your lacquer spray gun for many projects, so you need one that is durable. Most high-quality paint guns are made of aluminum with stainless steel nozzles. Cheap brands usually have plastic components, which aren’t as strong as metal ones. There are some exceptions, though, so make sure to do your research before purchasing a lacquer spray gun.
Make sure to factor in the price of a lacquer spray gun before making a purchase. A good paint gun doesn’t need to be expensive, so don’t spend too much money on one unless you really have to. You can get great results with some cheap guns that aren’t as popular as some brands.
With all of these factors in mind, you can find the best lacquer spray gun for your needs. Remember that price depends on what you’re willing to spend. You can get a great lacquer spray gun for any budget with some research and patience.
Methods Of Cleaning Lacquer Spray Gun
After using the lacquer spray gun, it needs to be cleaned before you can store it away. Here are some tips on how to clean your lacquer spray gun without damaging the nozzle.
Clean with lacquer thinner
You can purchase lacquer thinner in most hardware stores, and it’s a great item to keep on hand when you need to clean your paint sprayer. Use a cleaning rag or paper towel to apply the thinner, and scrub away any leftover paint from the nozzle. However, avoid getting thinner on the inside of the gun.
Clean with wire brush
You can use a wire brush or steel wool to remove paint and grime off the nozzle and body of your lacquer spray gun. Don’t use anything metal, though, to avoid scratching them up. Dip the cleaning materials in thinner before using them on your lacquer spray gun. You can use the finest steel wool to get rid of any stuck-on paint.
Clean with baking soda and water
Mix baking soda with water to make a paste, then apply it around the nozzle of your lacquer spray gun using a cleaning rag or paper towel. Scrub away any remaining paint before rinsing off the paste with warm water.
Carefully dry sprayer
Run some warm tap water over the body and nozzle of your lacquer spray gun. You can use a dry cloth or paper towel to carefully wipe away any remaining water droplets. Hang the lacquer paint gun with the tip pointing downwards so it can drip and drain properly. Then let it sit for at least 24 hours so it can completely dry.
After using your lacquer spray gun, carefully clean it with lacquer thinner before storing it away. Make sure to let the paint gun dry thoroughly after cleaning it, then store it in a safe place until you use it again. Follow these tips whenever you need to clean your paint sprayer for maximum effectiveness.
FAQs about Best Lacquer Spray Gun
– How durable is a lacquer spray gun?
A high-quality paint gun often has aluminum and stainless steel components. Cheap options tend to have plastic parts, which can break or warp over time.
– How is a lacquer spray gun different from an airbrush?
A paint sprayer atomizes paint and sprays it through the air, while an airbrush works by spraying tiny drops of paint through the nozzle. A lacquer spray gun usually has a much larger capacity than an airbrush.
– How long will my lacquer spray gun last?
Since lacquer spray guns are made from durable materials, they usually last for many years under normal conditions. They’re made to withstand repeated use, but you can still replace your lacquer paint gun if it becomes damaged.
– How do I clean my lacquer spray gun?
Carefully remove any leftover paint or material from your lacquer paint gun using a wire brush or steel wool dipped in thinner. Rinse the nozzle and body with warm water before letting it dry for at least 24 hours.
– What type of paint does a lacquer spray gun use?
A professional lacquer spray gun is designed to handle different types of paints, stains and varnishes in various viscosities. However, it’s best to use fast-drying paints with your lacquer paint gun for optimum performance.
– Can I paint metal using a lacquer spray gun?
Yes, you can use an airless paint sprayer to apply primer or enamel paints to metal surfaces. However, it’s best to test it out on a scrap piece of metal before doing the entire surface.
– How do I clean my airless paint sprayer?
You can thoroughly clean your airless paint sprayer using a wire brush or steel wool dipped in thinner. Make sure to let the lacquer paint gun dry before storing it away.
– Can I use lacquer thinner to clean my lacquer spray gun?
No, you should avoid using lacquer thinner to clean your lacquer paint gun since it may damage the nozzle or other components. Use a wire brush or steel wool dipped in lacquer thinner instead.
– How do I adjust the spray pattern of my lacquer paint gun?
There’s no easy way to change the spray pattern on a lacquer paint gun. If you’re having problems with your lacquer spray gun producing an uneven coat, it might be time to consider replacing it.
Here is a video on how to spray lacquer the easy way.
A lacquer paint gun is a tool that makes it easy to apply quick-drying, high-quality finishes. It’s similar in many ways to an airbrush but with the ability to cover larger surfaces quickly and evenly. If you’re looking for a durable sprayer that can handle any type of paint or finish, then the best lacquer spray guns above may be the right option for your needs.