The programming industry is growing at an exponential rate, and more programmers are needed than ever before. As the demand for coders increases, so does the competition. To stand out in this competitive field, you need to have the best laptops for programming that will keep up with your coding needs.
We all know that programming can be hard, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools, you’ll be able to save time and get more done in less time than ever before.
The best laptops for programming are those with high processing power, long battery life, and large screens so you can see everything at once without scrolling or zooming in on your code. Here are some of our favorite picks for the best laptops for programming!
- Best for people who want to be able to work on their projects: 2020 Apple MacBook Pro
- Best for long battery life: 2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop
- Best for not overheat when used for a long time: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Best for powerful performance: Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Best budget: ASUS VivoBook F512
- 100% same with the picture, 50 pieces of no-duplicate vinyl developer programming stickers.
- Stickers are made of high quality PVC, sun protection and waterproof function.
- Developer programming sticker pack as best gift for you and your friends to DIY decoration.
- 25 random programming and coding stickers. Please refer to the pictures to see what you might get
- 25 stickers will be randomly selected from the stickers in the pictures. You can buy up to 2 sets and get unique stickers with no duplicates
- About 3 inches on the longest side
- This is the Crowpi2 advanced kit, it contains Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB. Power bank not included.
- Raspberry Pi Kit --- CrowPi2 is a great kit for learning Raspberry Pi 4B. It can be used as a small personal computer to learn or advance one's programming skills with the lessons included and programming games.
- CrowPi2: Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi 3b or Raspberry Pi 3 b+ can be applied, but it may be a bit stuck, so we still recommend you to use Raspberry Pi 4B. (Advanced Kit included Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Colonna, A.E (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- Grid, Alan (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 426 Pages - 06/08/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Watch videos from your favorite creators
- Exclusive Nebula Originals every month
- Follow your favorite creators
- James Burke (Actor)
- Mick Jackson (Director)
- English (Publication Language)
- MOBILE CONNECTIVITY: Wireless DeX unlocks a full PC experience. Use mobile productivity apps, such as video conferencing, documents, and browsers, through just your monitor and phone
- SMART HUB: Binge watching got even easier. Access a bunch of entertainment apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, and HBO
- REMOTE ACCESS: Work seamlessly from anywhere. Boost your productivity with Remote Access features
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Murty, George (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Best Laptops For Programming Reviews 2023
2020 Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
2020 Apple MacBook Pro is a touchscreen laptop that was released in 2020 with a variety of new and innovative features that enhance the user experience.
The design of the laptop is sleek and slim and it is perfect for people who prefer a lightweight, portable computer. With its powerful dual-core CPU and GPU, the device offers users the ability to do their work with incredible speed and fluidity.
The battery life on the 2020 Apple MacBook Pro is excellent; it can last up to 20 hours when in use which makes it ideal for professionals who want to be able to work without having to recharge.
The sound quality on this laptop is also superb; the speakers offer a crisp sound that really makes games, videos, and music more enjoyable. With a 13.3-inch retina display, everything is going to look beautiful and clear on the screen of the 2020 Apple MacBook Pro.
2020 Apple MacBook Pro comes with a new innovative feature called Touch Bar which allows users to be more productive and efficient when working on their projects. Other features include a high-performance graphics card, 8GB RAM, a bright screen, and lightweight construction.
2020 Apple MacBook Pro is a great choice for people who want to be able to work on their projects with speed and efficiency.
- Optimized and lightweight design
- High-performance graphics card
- Long battery life
- Touch bar is a really great feature that helps you get work done quickly and efficiently
- Powerful 8 core and 16 core CPUs and GPUs
- Great for work and play
- Bright screen
- No SD card slot
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
The 2020 Apple MacBook Air is a powerful laptop with a long-lasting battery. It has a Retina display with all-day battery life, and the performance is superb. It is an excellent laptop for any type of personal or professional use.
The only downside is that it does not have the touchscreen functionality that some people prefer. Overall, this laptop will be an excellent choice for anyone who needs a high-powered, portable laptop with incredibly long-lasting battery life.
The 2020 Apple MacBook Air is a high-performance laptop with an 8-core CPU. It has an all-day battery life, and it can handle tasks like professional video editing without lagging.
With its extreme portability, powerful performance, and stunning Retina display, the 2020 Apple MacBook Air is sure to be a laptop that anyone would love. It works especially well for any type of personal or professional use, and it will even work perfectly with your iPad app on macOS.
The 2020 Apple MacBook Air is perfect for both personal and professional use; however, it does not have the touchscreen functionality that some people may prefer. Overall, it will be a good laptop for anyone who wants a powerful, long-lasting laptop that can handle any task.
The 2020 Apple MacBook Air is also perfect for both personal and professional use, as well as having an excellent battery life all day. However, it only uses the touchpad to navigate, which some people may not prefer.
The 2020 Apple MacBook Air is an overall good choice for anyone who needs a powerful, portable laptop with incredible battery life.
- Lots of processing power with an 8-core CPU and 16-core GPU
- Great for multitasking with up to 18 hours of battery life
- Good for all types of personal or professional uses, although it lacks the touchscreen functionality that some people may prefer.
- High performance
- Price is rather high
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
I’ve been using a Surface Pro 7 for the past few days and I really like it. It’s very powerful and I’ve never experienced lag while using it. The screen is sharp and the battery life is long enough to last throughout my day, even with heavy use.
There are a lot of things that set this device apart from others in its class – including its weight, screen size, pen magnetism, performance, compatibility with other devices such as FitBit, and more.
For me, the most important thing is that it does not overheat when in use or plugged in. If you’re looking for a laptop that can do everything then I highly recommend trying out a Surface Pro 7.
Surface Pro 7 is an amazing laptop that has been built to last. It looks beautiful and elegant, and it’s lightweight which makes it easy to carry around in your bag when you’re on the go.
I love using this device because it can do pretty much anything – I use it for work and play on a daily basis. Overall, this is an amazing laptop that is very close to perfect. It’s really powerful and the battery life lasts long enough so you don’t have to worry about it running out of juice mid-way through your day.
Surface Pro 7 is probably one of the most powerful laptops out there. It has a sleek design, not to mention the fact that it can last for days with its battery life. You will never have to worry about running low on charge even if you use it nonstop.
- Intel Quad-Core Processor provides a speedy performance
- Processor is strong and fast
- Long battery life
- Doesn’t overheat
- Gorgeous display
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Amd Ryzen 7 3700U dual-core processor (Up to 4.0 GHz) | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display | AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 mobile graphics
- 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 2.0 Ports & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support
I have been using the Acer Aspire 5 laptop for a few months now. I have found that it is an amazing device. The processor of the laptop is powerful and this helps with taking on complex tasks.
The battery life is great for daily use, and the performance is excellent while doing more intensive tasks like video editing.
The graphics of the laptop are sharp and this creates incredible visuals. The design of this laptop is also very nice, with a smooth aluminum finish. The screen has a good brightness range so it can be usable in any lighting condition without being too bright or too dark.
One of my favorite features about this Acer Aspire 5 A515-43 Slim Laptop is that it has an option to turn off the webcam if you’re working in sensitive environments, which I love! It also comes with dual-band wifi connectivity.
All in all, this is an excellent laptop for the price. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a slim laptop with good performance and battery life!
- Powerful processor
- High performance
- Sharp & crisp image quality
- Excellent battery life
ASUS VivoBook F512
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
With a budget that’s not too high, the ASUS VivoBook F512 is a great laptop. Asus VivoBook F512 offers a wide range of features to suit any task.
Any viewer will be impressed by the graphics you can generate on this laptop, thanks to its ultra-thin 4-way NanoEdge bezel display an astounding screen-to-body ratio. This makes it an excellent alternative for business or entertainment if you want a larger screen.
It’s powered by an AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor with AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics, so you won’t experience any latency or stuttering while working on this laptop.
It contains plenty of memory for all of your data and programs, as well as adequate RAM for multitasking.
All of these capabilities are integrated into a sleek ErgoLift hinge design that allows the keyboard to be opened with one hand while tilted up for more comfortable typing.
This laptop weighs 3 lbs and has a sleek and stylish design. The laptop comes in four different colors that can match your style depending on what you need to do. ASUS VivoBook F512 is the perfect laptop for work or play.
- Four unique finishes to suit your style in different colors
- An astounding screen to body ratio of 88%
- Can be used for many purposes, such as gaming or business use.
- Plenty of memory in order to run programs simultaneously without lag or slowdowns.
- ErgoLift hinge design so the keyboard is raised when typing.
- Up to 10 hours of battery life for portability and convenience.
- No cons to report at this time.
Best Laptops For Programming Benefits
It is imperative to buy the best laptop for programming. A programmer needs a computer that can handle lots of memory and processing power. The right specs will make sure you’re able to install all the necessary software and won’t run into any problems with it either.
It’s important that your laptop has a good battery life as well because you’ll be on your computer most of the day, even when you’re not at home or work.
The first thing you should look for is RAM (random access memory). Most laptops come with 4GB which is okay if you only plan on installing one or two programs at once but if you want to use more than two at a time, 8GB would be better so there’s enough space for all of them.
The second thing to consider is the processor (or CPU). Most laptops come with either Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processors. Each one has different speeds and it’s best if you choose one that has the highest possible speed, because this will make sure your laptop runs smoothly and can handle all the programs you have running at the same time.
The standard operating system on most laptops is Windows, but there are a few different versions of it so you should consider which one is best for your purposes. Do your research and check out reviews, so you can find a laptop that offers everything you need.
In order to find the best laptop for you, it is important to understand your needs and requirements as well as have an idea of what will work within your budget. Here are some great benefits of purchasing the right type of laptop for programming:
- You will save time with a fast computer which won’t slow down when multitasking
- Your battery life will be much longer because you’ll use less power
- You’ll have no problem using software or programs that require lots of memory or storage
- You’ll have a long-lasting computer that can stand against daily wear and tear
Factors To Consider When Choosing Best Laptops For Programming
What are the important factors to consider when choosing a laptop for programming?
The Operating System
Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows all have their pros and cons. Linux is free but requires more technical know-how to set up; Mac OS X has pricey hardware requirements, but it’s easy to use; Windows comes in many different varieties, with prices ranging from inexpensive to extravagant.
It all depends on what you need your laptop for—if you don’t care about price or if you want something stable enough for professional work, go with Windows; if you want something cheaper and easier than a Mac that can also be used as a gaming machine, go with Linux or Windows 10 Home Edition. If you’re willing to spend several hundred extra dollars per year on an OS, go with Mac OS X.
The Size Of Laptop’s Display
If you plan on using your laptop primarily for programming, then a large 17-inch or larger display will be best—it allows you to comfortably see more code at one time. If you need portability, then a smaller laptop might be best.
The Screen Resolution
How many pixels do you want your laptop to have? Higher resolutions allow for more code to be seen and for images and videos to look better, but may necessitate larger displays or monitors.
How Much RAM Your Laptop Will Have?
8 GB or more is recommended for most programming tasks. More RAM means that multiple applications can run smoothly on the same machine, and programming requires lots of applications at once (a web browser with several tabs open, a text editor with dozens of files loaded, etc.).
The Size Of Hard Drive
If you require lots of storage space for programs and projects, go with at least 256 GB.
If you have already chosen a product you like, let’s take a look at how to set up a laptop for programming!
FAQs about Best Laptops For Programming
Which operating system is best for programming?
In general, Linux is best for programming because of its increased stability and versatility when it comes to running multiple programs. However, Windows is the best if you need a good program for programming and you don’t want to spend extra money on an OS like Mac OS X.
The operating system was developed with programmers in mind; websites and open source projects are coded primarily in languages such as HTML5 or Ruby; CSS design features can be manipulated more fluidly than with Windows (Mac); offers Unix-based protection systems such as Capsicum that allow applications run within a sandbox instance.
Offers vast customization possibilities through the Microsoft Store; a vast repertoire of available software at your disposal; great compatibility across multiple laptops, desktops, and tablets.
What the most important factor to consider is when buying a laptop?
The size of the laptop’s screen. If you plan on programming, it is best to have a large display that will allow for more lines of code at a time in a comfortable style. However, if mobility or portability is required in your search for a laptop, then smaller screens may be preferred.
The RAM should also be taken into consideration when purchasing a laptop because programming can take away from resources fast when different products are running simultaneously.
The more RAM available on the laptop means that multiple applications can run smoothly without interruption, but 8GB or higher would be ideal to execute computer programmers’ tasks with ease and accuracy. Large hard drives are also important to aid programmers by giving them extra space for storing their projects and programs allowing stability and ease of access.
The Display Resolution is also a factor when it comes to buying a laptop if your intention is primarily for programming. The higher the resolution, the more pixels that can be displayed on the screen making images and videos look better, but may necessitate larger displays or monitors.
Which type of laptops should I use for programming?
Laptops are not limited to one type because there are different needs that can be met depending on the user. However, there are two general consensus types of laptop programming-based laptops for this task.
Either way, you go about it, you should make sure your machine is lightweight and battery efficient.
First, if you need portability or mobility in your search for a programming laptop then it should be lighter weight given the need to occasionally carry devices around given their heavier weight.
The second option is to find a machine with better battery capability which extends run time as long as possible so as not to hinder productivity when working away from power outlets for long periods of time such as overnight hours or across multiple shifts at work such as those requiring split duty consisting of both programming and other tasks.
What is the difference between an Intel Core i5 processor and an Intel i7 Processor, in terms of performance capabilities?
An Intel Core i5 processor will suffice for a standard user without special needs. However, an Intel Core i7 excels in programming, rendering, and video processing tasks – all of which are vital for most programmers.
Which SSD size should my laptop have to run without lag time when programming code on it?
There are many factors to consider when deciding on an SSD size for programming. If you plan to use your laptop with programs that benefit from more memory, the ideal size is 64GB or higher so you have enough available space for projects without worrying about deletion taking place.
However, if there are considerations of mobility in addition to programming then a smaller SSD is appropriate that can be updated when necessary.
In conclusion, it’s important to keep in mind that there are different needs for programmers depending on their mobility and usage. It is important for programmers to have a laptop that can support their needs, which will be determined by the user’s specific programming tasks.
If you plan on doing more than just coding with your computer, there are many options of laptops available in both size and power. For those looking for mobility over performance, smaller screens may be more appropriate given they’re easier to carry around.
However, if portability isn’t a concern then an 18″ screen or larger would work well when it comes time to code comfortably without interruption from other applications running simultaneously.
On the other hand, if you need something powerful enough for rendering video processing and graphics-heavy programs while still being lightweight so as not to hinder productivity when working away from power outlets during long periods such as overnight hours or across multiple shifts then an Intel Core i7 processor with a minimum of 16GB RAM is your best bet.